Thursday, April 09, 2009

PUPPIES!!! 2 chocolate females, 1 chocolate male, 1 black male

Well its been kind of a rough last couple of days. Ebby started going into labor on Tuesday evening. She was really restless and whiny all night and neither DJ or I got very much sleep. Wednesday morning I got up and she was even more antsy and started leaking some nasty green goo stuff so I decided I better stay home from work thinking she was probably going to be delivering anytime. I was wrong. I sat and waited and waited all the while trying to keep her calm and keep the mess confined to her little pool we bought for her to have her puppies in. At about 10pm our neighbor came over to check on Ebby cause she has delivered lots of puppies and unlike us actually knows what she's doing and what to expect. She told us that she thought Ebby was still a little ways out and would maybe have them sometime the next day. So we left her blocked in the kitchen and headed to bed around 11:30pm. Sometime around 1 DJ got up and let her outside cause she was constantly whining and we couldn't sleep. It didn't help at all so by this time it was probably around 1:15 and we were both up and exhausted and frustrated. DJ sent me to bed cause I had to work the next day and he decided to stay up with her hoping to calm her down a little and make her somewhat comfortable. So here I am laying in bed trying to fall asleep and no more than 10 min later DJ comes bursting through the door and says I think there's a puppy on the ground. So I went running out there and sure enough there was our first little puppy. The cute little runt. So we got her cleaned up and called our neighbor to come help us with the rest. About 2 hours later all 4 were out and screaming for food. Ebby is doing really good and being an awesome new mom. We are so grateful for our neighbors for offering and being so willing to help us. Without them I would have been freaking out.....more than I already was!

Here's a cute picture of DJ with puppy #1 shortly after she was born


Here's a couple pictures of all 4 together shortly after the last puppy arrived

1 comment:

riggs family said...

congrats!! We love labs, they are great dogs, our's are good with our kids, and fun to be around. Both of our labs are females and fixed, we debated for a long time on whether to fix them or not, and then decided to do it. Now i'm almost regretting it, those puppies are so cute. congrats again!!